PR3 Xtra SoundFX USB Decoder Programmer
-- Now includes PS14 power supply!!! --
The PR3 lets SoundFX users download new Project sound files and even reflash the sound decoder's firmware for latest updates.
It also acts as a computer interface and LocoNet Translator for your PC.
The PR3 is the most economical computer Interface Digitrax offers, it has all the functionality of a PR2 and a MS100 combined in one.
It functions on the more modern USB 2.0 interface making it easier to connect and more friendly to newer PCs.
- Multifunction USB 2.0 PC connectivity for your railroad
- Digitrax SoundLoader compatible. Programs Digitrax sound projects to SFX decoders
- Programs CVs for most DCC decoders
- LocoNet MS100 mode with Fully Buffered Input and Output data
- Runs on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 7 and 8
- Runs on Mac OS X with JMRI
- No external power needed for MS100 mode
- For Stand Alone Programming Mode the included external power supply is required
- Automatic configuration. No jumpers or switches required. Configurations can be set by software or manually.
- Selectable LocoNet termination. For standalone operation without needing a Command Station
- LED state indicator lights
- Small, convenient package
- Firmware updates available from Digitrax Web site
- Meets FCC Class B requirements
Using the PR3 Xtra Programmer and SoundLoader software:
- You can substitute different .wav files into a sound project file (.spj) or you can start from scratch and build your own sound project
- You can download sound projects from the Digitrax Sound Depot web site www.digitrax.com/sounddepot
- You can upload sound projects you have created to share with others too!
- Digitrax encourages sound project file sharing among hobbyists
- You can download a sound project into your Digitrax SoundFX decoder equipped locomotive
- You can try out sound projects downloaded to your locomotives on the programming track without having to run it around the layout
- PR3 Xtra
- Instruction sheet
- USB cable
- PS14 power supply
In addition you will need (not included):
- A Computer running Windows/MAC OS X with SoundLoader or equivalent program running
- SoundLoader software is downloadable from the Digitrax web site
- An isolated programming track section